Monday, June 16, 2014

Good Dads Make Good Missionaries

Monday June 16, 2014  3:50 pm EDT   Good Dads Make Good Missionaries


Another week in Parkland!

Bishop Thompson's daughter Nicolle got married this week. We have high hopes of teaching Pierre since he's not a member (he's been coming to church with Nicolle and Allen - so prospects are good!)
We helped with the set up in the cultural hall and thanks to good planning and a lot of help from the ward, things went smoothly that evening.



Our teaching pool is (slowly) filling!
Joe is an awesome referral from none other than our Mission President's Wife. No biggie.

He had been to the doctor's office next door to our mission office a few times and had talked with Sister Weaver about the gospel and such. We met him ourselves this week and are super excited that he is so excited about The Book of Mormon. He said that he would love to come to church with us and wanted to learn more.
Sunday morning came, SWeavs called to let us know that her and President were coming to our ward to see Joe (!), and because this is Parkland, nobody owns a car or phone...and we couldn't get a hold of Joe.

Church started, PWeavs and SWeavs arrived, we sent our WML out on a bit of a wild goose chase to find Joe. Brother Larson finally comes back with Joe and his adorable two sons, Abraham and Moses. The family sat with us, the Primary kids sang, a great talk was given, "O My Father" was not sang. (Miracle of miracles.)

They all loved church, the Father's Day activities and the ward members (and the Weavers, naturally).

It was so awesome to have all of them at church with us! Sister Weaver even snapped a picture for us with our interim "father" here in the mission.


Cassell and I have been missing our old district (read: change is hard, but necessary). So in honor of Jonesy and the Dream Team:

I've certainly grown to love this area. Parkland is strange and difficult to love at times, but if I have learned anything about love in my life, it's that it is always worth it. 

Love others freely, love as the Savior would.
And of all the examples of love in my life, I look up to my Dad. For loving, protecting, serving, trusting, empowering, forgiving, embracing, believing and teaching.

I know that I am becoming the person my Heavenly Father needs me to be, and the person my earthly father has always helped me become.

Apostles have stated:
"The title father is sacred and eternal. It is significant that of all the titles of respect and honor and admiration that are given to Deity, He has asked us to address Him asFather."

Forever a Bishop's Daughter,

Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment