Saturday, March 8, 2014

Weekend Update...

Saturday March 8, 2014. 11:27 am

Hello hello,

I've made it to Saturday, alive and well, so I can't complain too much.

My MTC experience thus far has been good, albeit tiring and a bit familiar (working here for two years will do that). My teachers are Brother Holmquist and the coordinator Rand Erickson; they are both fantastic and obviously do what they do because they are passionate about the gospel, missionary work and the people that we will be teaching. We also have other zone resource teachers on occasion as well, but the majority of our time is spent in the classroom (4+ hours before and after lunch as well as tons of study time in the evening).

It's kind of weird because I feel like I know what I'm doing in a lot of ways (I know my way around, or who to talk to for things, MTC procedure, etc.) and yet so much of what we do is new so it's a pretty awesome balance.

Life is good, but tiring. There are always too many things to be done or studied or prepared for, so it really keeps all of us on our toes. I'll be honest, the transition to missionary mode has been a little bit tricky - calling everyone Elder/Brother or Sister isn't quite second nature yet, and my initial response to not knowing where someone is or not knowing something is to just pull our my phone or google it. It'll happen eventually (:

My district is 1-B and consists of four Elder and Sisters each. My companion is Sister Swann from Mesa, and she is an eternally optimistic and quirky person. My district gets along really well and we are really starting to become friends, which is crazy considering we have been with each other for three days.

We taught our first investigator last night, Carlos. Things went well, but there is a lot of room for improvement in our teaching, that's for sure!

We get to go to the temple this afternoon, which is awesome as always. I just love it there.

We just got our travel plans last night to leave the MTC (!); t's crazy because I feel like we just arrived. Time really does fly by here. I've been told multiple times that all I have to do is make it to Sunday. Seeing as it's Saturday and I'm doing okay, I think I'll be alright (:

also, to go along with the craziness of already having our travel plans, my district was assigned last night to be new missionary hosts next wednesday (because, we'll be pros by then, you know)

I took my dork dot off the first night. i didn't feel like a newbie so i didn't think it was necessary. I see some missionaries around here still wearing them and I wonder why they haven't taken them off yet haha.

did i tell you that i'm the senior companion for the next few days? it'll switch before a few days before we leave.
also, i was assigned to being the online coordinator in my branch...which is cool except that i can't even access the same things that the other missionaries in my district can because when i log in, i still get the employee portal instead of the missionary one. hopefully i won't have to troubleshoot too much haha

If I can leave a little nugget of spiritual insight with you, read 2 Nephi 31:20. When things get difficult (because they always do) keep the faith, rely on your hope and show love. Things always work out to our gain. Always.

Much love to you all,

Sister Bishop

P.S. A big thank you to all of you who have sent me letters and/or pictures. They are SO appreciated (:

P.P.S. I'll try to get pictures out, but the computers here are a bit on the archaic side

No comments:

Post a Comment