Time is short, so I made a list. Because everyone likes lists.
Things learned this week:
- stinging nettle comes from Satan himself
- how to cut curly hair
- old age is a pain. literally and figuratively.
- if you can quote movies well enough, you won't miss watching them
- how to pop a shoulder back into socket
- the power of everyday miracles: flipping nigh-impossible u-turns to avoid backing (for the record, Ford Fusions have the turning radius of a boat)
- the entire Relief Society Rap by Alex Boyé
- how to really stretch a dollar, a quarter gallon of gas and a roll of toilet paper
- stalkers happen. ET's happen (not the phone home kind.) and good things are always cut too short.
- sleepovers are always a solution.
- sometimes mourning with those that mourn and bearing another's burdens just involves being there. or better yet, being there with ice cream.
- prank wars never get old, even if you do.
- if you truly want to love someone, learn their love language and actually use it.
- how to maneuver in traffic with a black box.
- tracting treasures will always be fun to find.
- air conditioning is not mandatory, but it probably should be.
- if you need a reminder that there is still good in the world, teach Primary.
- sometimes you're the last person to recognize changes in yourself.
- there are few things as powerful as last words, especially when bearing testimony.
- time only accelerates.
- missions are forever.
"And inasmuch as ye are humble and faithful and call upon my name, behold, I will give you the victory."