Tuesday, February 24, 2015

isla Hermanas

Week 51  Feb 23, 2015   3:18 pm EST.         isla Hermanas



Alright folks.

I'm currently on Bainbridge Island - the land of rich hippies and earthy hipsters. Needless to say, I'm in a bit of shock; everyone is super kind and polite and content with their peaceful lives. In short, Bainbridge and Parkland are polar opposites. 

(Don't worry Dad, this place is safe. Like, people leave doors and cars unlocked kind of safe. No pepper spray needed.)


I've downsized to an area of 65 square miles all to ourselves but a whopping 23,000 people to go and teach. So that's awesome - we even have three people on date to be baptized this transfer.
My new companion is Sister Smith and miracle of miracles, she is my first non-Utahn companion (!)
BUT she's from Mesa, AZ...so really, not too big of a difference haha.



We're rocking it in the Silverdale Zone now, and life is good.

We were knocking the other night in some condos and a posse of little girls started following us around, knocking the doors for us, passing out Jesus cards and introducing us to people as "the Jesus Christ people" - it seemed fitting.


They even have the requisite pass-along cards and reflective gear. #futuremissionaries

Other fun tidbits from the week - I've talked with more Jewish people, same-sex couples and vegans in the past week than I have on my whole mission combined. I've even met some Zoroastrians. #SeattleCrowd
Yup, this is Bainbridge.

And a quote from my man, Gordie.

"Faith is something greater than ourselves, enables us to do what we have said we will do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."   - Gordon B. Hinckley

Faith is the power to stretch, to keep covenants, to endure. It's that takes us beyond the boundaries we set for ourselves. It isn't always something you attain, it's something you decide. 

As is said in the WaTac time and time again, there is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone.
So go out there and get uncomfortable.

With love,
from me,
to you.

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment