Monday, July 21, 2014

Feeling 22

Week 20    Feeling 22     July 21, 2014  3:30 pm EDT 
(Happy Birthday Elizabeth!) 


All good things come to an end (...except for the gospel of Jesus Christ and eternal marriages and cool stuff like that.)

So big news first, the transfer calls came in and what would you know? I'm staying in Parkland (woot woot for six months in one areaaaa) and getting Sister Chipman; Cassell is going to Silverdale with Sister K and going STL (cue the dramatic music - jk they'll be phenomenal. and normal haha).

Cassell and I have had a good run. Full of chasing dogs, stalking investigators (joking?), Panera comp dates, the utter strangeness of Parklandians, too much laughing, and some baptisms to boot. All in all, we've been beyond blessed. We have also morphed into one person over the past few months, so this whole transferring thing just isn't going to work logistically. Amputation might be necessary. Pray for a swift recovery, folks.

I'm gonna miss this nugget.


So in other missionary news, Joe and his eight year old son Moses got baptized this Saturday!
They are SUPER excited. Can't you tell?

Moses is this quiet thing, but knows more about the restoration of the gospel than his dad. He is a stud.

His little brother Abraham is way jealous that he can't get baptized yet (dang, age of accountability.) but is a sweetheart too. But he is physically incapable of smiling in a photo.


On a more somber note, our recent convert Wayne, the 84 year old man with the sweetest heart finally joined his sweetheart Joan. He passed away Saturday morning, but Sister Cassell and I were able to see him a few days before and visit with him for a while. He just held our hands and wouldn't let go.
He wished that we had met him years ago, so we could know each other better. Wayne is truly an example of love above all else.
How grateful I am that we are able to see the ones we hold so dear again. How wonderful it is to know that this life is not the end, nor the beginning.

The gospel truly is a message of hope and happiness. There is so much joy to be found in it. I don't know everything, but I know that I could never be this happy without it.

And lastly, it may or may not be my birthday, so Cassell and I have festivities to attend to (:

Now, excuse me while I go party it up White Handbook style.

Love,
Lizzie



No comments:

Post a Comment