Monday, October 20, 2014

Leaving Parkland? Say it isn't so!

Week 32   Oct. 13, 2014  4:49 pm        Leaving Parkland?  Say it isn't so!  


Alright, y'all. Transfers are up, and guess who is really leaving Parkland? Both of us! 
I'm trying to sound excited, but doubling out isn't stresless. Parkland is becoming an elders area again, and my reign as the longest missionary here has ended. Sister Kramer is moving on to greener pastures (literally) in Olympia and I am moving on to greener pastures (metaphorically) in Lincoln - aka downtown Tacoma. Apparently the Lord knows I work well in sketchy areas, or that I also carry mace. 

I'll be comps with Sister Lomu - which should be awesome. I'm sure we'll rock it in Lincoln ward, which we also share with elders.

So remember that tidal wave of sister missionaries that flooded the mission field after the age change? Yep. Us too, and now they're all going home, so the WaTac has had to do some rearranging - thus Parkland becoming an elders area. It's a huge bummer having to leave behind my family here in Parkland and it's a trial of faith trusting that the missionaries coming in will carry on loving the ward and the people here and not let anyone fall through the cracks. It's a good thing that this is the Lord's work and not ours - or all these things like transfers would just never work out (:

Also, a fun surprise for my last Sunday from the Philippines! Elder Messegee just got home from Becky's mission in Manila - he sent a handshake from my sister, the other Sister Bishop.


My last Sunday in Parkland we were able to have six people come to church, which is a miracle in and of itself. We also had the best fast and testimony meeting ever. Needless to say, we all had a wonderful time. It is just amazing how much this ward and I have changed over the past few months.

Peace out Lakewood - I'm going headed deeper into T-Town.


Now at times throughout this transfer I have doubted why on earth I was training, or why we were both needed here in Parkland together, but I'm gonna miss this sweet child o' mine. Despite the fact that Sister Kramer has never read Harry Potter, seen Lord of the Rings, dislikes Thai food or gets half of my pop culture references, I have compiled a list of reasons why we are, in fact, relate (because we all know I love lists). 

Proof that Sister Kramer really is my daughter:
- we both have squinty smiles
- she writes it like this: (:    (the correct way.)
- she played lacrosse once
- ...still working on the rest of this list.


And as I head to the  it seems fitting that I quote everyone's favorite 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln:
“When I do good I feel good. When I don’t do good I don’t feel good”

Which counsel goes hand in hand with what our other favorite 16th President, Thomas S. Monson, stated in General Conference:
"Walking where Jesus walked is less important than walking as He walked."

So wherever we are, whatever we are, we can walk as the Savior - looking to serve, lift and love others. We can do good, be good and feel good. It's really quite simple.

Love,

That missionary who still likes getting letters (*wink wink*)



New Address:
Sister Elizabeth Bishop
3720 S. Thompson Ave #120
Tacoma, WA 98418

No comments:

Post a Comment